Thursday, June 2, 2011

Notices...

Since I have dished out something today morning, my brain is running dry. But there were few observations made post that post. Nothing pertaining to that post, but just that it was post that post. Clear?

This is not a report. Just things that I noticed today.

For one, the Gemini bridge is all lit up, the parapet walls running along have been illuminated with tiny blue bulbs encased in a translucent tube. In simple words, very pretty. Originally such lighting used to happen for special occasions like Tamil New Year's or Diwali etc. Now it is like daily wear makeup. And it looks good, I like it.


The other thing I noticed was the beautiful and huge park right at the Gemini circle. Erstwhile premises of the Woodlands Drive-in has now been converted into a park. The huge campus is the greenest spread of earth in Chennai today. The centuries old huge trees have long held my admiration.  With all the billboards gone, the full beauty can now be enjoyed during a ride down the winding flyover. Well lit with tiny lamps all over, it seems like a wonderful place for some quiet time. Possibly an alternate to the beach.


While in bus today, I found myself starring at a bald patch on someone's head. And that head belonged to a girl. Yes, now even girls have to deal with receding hairlines. No one has black hair, natural hair colour has evolved to reddish brown and other like shades. With that said, the pony tails and pig tails now look like 'palli vaalu' i.e a lizards tail (the one found in our homes). There is no use reveling in past glory and saying that your hair was long and thick, that the comb used to break while untangling it or was as black as night. Now it is thin, receding and lacking in luster and colour. By 'You' I mean ME and not comb breaking but definitely healthier and stronger that what it is today. A mere ghost of its illustrious past.

With that my 'noticing' is done. But I shall leave you with food for thought.

Highlights of diet today:

Mid morning snack : 1 whole ripe mango

Lunch: Special Raw Mango gravy (maanga pachadi)

Post Dinner Snack: Mango fruit salad (also includes bananas and jackfruits, maa pala vaazhai)

I strictly recommend it to those who love the fruit and don't mind the calories.

I have restrained form the use of tanglish in this post. Feels a little odd.

2 comments:

  1. maanga maanga maanga.. Hope Maali Sir reads this.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. paavam ya... he can't even say the word mango... so much of sugar already..

    ReplyDelete