Saturday, June 18, 2011

Night at the Airport!!!

My little nephew, the latest one just 7months old, is visiting all of us for the first time. Us being his dear aunts and grand mas, pas and an eagerly waiting cousin. We were waiting to see his grape sized eyes and hold this little baby doll. We were waiting at the airport.

His mom and his sister, our darlings, completed the lovely trio whose arrival was being eagerly sought by all of us.



I would like to summarise the wait as follows: (too formal)

Night at the Airport!!!

The creatures came alive!!! Okay, not like that movie with that museum watchman. This had me, my mom and dad at the International Arrivals at our very own Chennai Airport.

Kya creatures?? I mean the fellow waitees in the arrivals area.

Out of personal experience I can vouch for the fact that getting to the airport is easier than waiting for arrivals. Why?? Well one fact is the eagerness with which we wait to see our loved ones and the other is that while we wait, we have no real space to park our rears in.

There is a cemented bay and is spacious enough if you would not mind squatting on the floor. But this is just Phase I. The next phase is all about the wait.

Romba theory?? Seri okay, this is what I did, to kill boredom.

1. This guy was sprawled on the floor, his luggage next to him on a trolley, his companion perched on top of the luggage. He was happily asleep. Not an interesting time pass so shifted focus.

2. This guy was choosing a place to sit. Choosing?? Yes. He was choosing a vantage point. After all he wanted to do time pass too. He finally chose a spot from where he can optimally OGLE at anything female.
Yes this was disgusting, again shifted my focus.

3. This chubby gal was dressed in a tight 3/4ths. Got the best complement of the day with my dad saying that I am not that FAT after all. Incidentally happened to notice other Plus-size girls who were dressed similarly. The point?? Well I can now wear my Jeans without guilt. What matters is that you feel comfortable.

4. This guy who had just arrived from some place (many flights arrived at around same time), suddenly stopped in his tracks. Frantically he started searching his pockets. Then he hurriedly searched through his backpack compartments. He searched again and again. I was watching closely wondering what was missing. For a second I turned away and when I turned back he was closing up his bag to leave. What was Lost and what was found will remain a mystery.

5. Other tit bits would be that of the lady with glittering (apparently new) jewelery. The loads of LCD TVs that had been bought overseas. Spotted nearly a dozen TVs being pushed out on the trolleys. It is also pertinent to note that Mamy Poko Pants is also imported. A passenger was handling this heavy-duty luggage that seemed more valuable than some hi-fi television.

With all that, managed to spot our loved ones and as always such meetings are not easy to describe. Well not for the emotions, but for the number of characters and the numerous interactions between them.

I did get the certificate that my hair is not all that red aka still looks black and therefore I continue to be like-able to my niece.

1 comment: