Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Munni.. Sheila.. Jalebi Bai!!!

Munni badnam hui!!! Yes she earned a huge name after becoming BADNAM. How fortunate! Her mass and class appeal doubled and tripled and box office collections were also ringing high. Though not entirely cause of her but cause of her darling who set the screen on fire.

My name is Sheila!!! Her introduction was pure seduction. Sexy and classy, she wooed everyone with her graceful dance moves and innocent looks. Sheila did not gyrate indecently yet she became the numero uno name on everybody's lips. Sheila and her jawani.

Naam? Jalebi Bai!!! Wonder how many have heard of her. Probably many. She gyrates and makes imaginary Jalebies, for which an entire crowd is shown to be waiting and wanting. She mixed the gaon ki chori look of Munni and the my name is Sheila  style music and lyrics from Sheila. To this she added a lot of her OOOOOMPH and vulgarity (my opinion). End result is that there is an almost copied song with a wannabe that gets shoved-at in the face of the audience.

There are people who like Munni, Sheila and Jalebi Bai equally, whereas I would give a thumbs-down to Miss Jalebi.

Recently got to see a comedy scene from a movie. It was not funny and seemed like some scene. The strong and confident woman in me wants to chide these women, Jalebi Bai and Miss Gold H, for commoditising themselves. No further comments on their choice but just that it irks me to think about it.

Unaku yen ivalavu akarai?? Actually yes, I can just change the channel and ignore.

With all this happening on one side, saw two trailers for upcoming TV shows.

Toddlers and Tiaras - Pathetic. A Beauty pageant for little girls who still talk childish gibberish. They are already competing to look beautiful and throwing diva-like tantrums and commanding star-dom. What will happen to the life of these children????

Cheater - Guess the Original American show behind it's Indian version, Emotional Athyachar. I am ashamed to admit that used to watch it regularly including another good for nothing show, Big Boss. You will realise the uselessness and artifice of these Reality shows the minute you tune in. I would equate it to a Mega Serial, Dumb and Artificial. Can be watched only to laugh at the dumbness at display.

Please don't stop following my blog!!!!! I will write something better soon. Please!! Till then just hum the song "My name is Sheila, Sheila ki jawani, I'm too sexy for you, mein tere haath naa aani, no no no no..."


4 comments: