Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lessons from my closet....

Bangalore is on full Airconditioning mode. It has been plesant the past two days, gentle breeze and mild showers. But this is not a blog about the climate in Bangalore, so I shall move on.

I just realised that the toughest thing to do in life is to LET GO.

What brought on this wisdom? Well cleaning the closet can be tiring and at the same time enlightening. There were no skeletons in them but had many relics from the past. Yes, antique pieces worth nothing. I shall stop exaggerating and simply state that they were CLOTHES. Collections from an style-age gone by and OUT-grown by. Deciding to give away them taught a few lessons.

I never knew that I had so much of unwanted and unusable stuff.

I never realised how much space that they occupied while my new clothes were crammed in some corner.

I never realised how many good dresses I had which are yet to be worn.

I never realised that the beautiful dress I coveted is now just an OLD one.


Where the wisdom???

By holding on to old feelings, I lose out on new ones. By holding on, I never realised the worth of what I have in hand. And what seems the greatest joy/sorrow today will change.

In short, I learnt to keep an open mind and never to lose hope.

If by reading this, you get a feeling that I am sulking, please be reassured that I am fine. Just idling the afternoon and trying to blog via a small iPod. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

1 comment:

  1. aaga aaga.. yenna oru thathuvam.. vaazhga un closet, valarga un wisdom tooth.. :D

    ReplyDelete