Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No New Messages!!

Tring! Tring! rings my phone (well actually it sings Paayaliyaa paayaliyaa) and I rush to answer it. Customer Care or rather the promotions centre.

After a couple of hours I check my phone, one missed call and 3 new messages. If you have guessed right you won't be getting 100 points but yes, another promo call and those annoying BULK messages.

Lord! Where are all my friends who used to call and text?

Dear Child, they are all in your Contacts.

That was a wonderful reminder of what I was actually doing. Zero Social Networking.

I do not call my friends as before and have long graduated from messaging, I prefer to stay invisible when online and the only mails I write are Official. No wonder why things seem so bleak.

I have a perfect explanation for all this. Now do I? Not really.

I have a twitter account but I never tweet and it has eons since I've visited my Orkut page and my Facebook bears only my blog updates.

How much am I bugged about all this? Not much. I am pretty happy with the way things are. I was born in the times of the Typewriter.

As for staying in touch with friends, they are in my Contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment