Thursday, September 8, 2011

And the salt spoke to me..

Ever since I decided to take a little long break from work, I have a lot of time in hand which I have finally dedicated to Myself. Me Time, at least some part of it is. Let me just say that though I had been on a break since December, quality Me Time started only in April. Why so long? Well that is when some good sense crept into me and I began using my time purposefully.

I joined GYM:
Having been heavy all my life, I did not take it seriously and also did not realise the kilos that were adding silently. I had blissfully gained a lot of chubby cheeks and started to resemble some round cylindrical object. Finally I joined gym. Miracles do happen. I was probably lazy to exercise or scared of tough workouts, but ultimately I enjoyed it. Gyming was the BEST GIFT I had given myself till date. The 4 kilos I lost thereafter still gathers many compliments.

I do my LAUNDRY:
I had never discovered the joy of this activity. I am not crazy. It gives me a high just washing my clothes by hand. It is a self imposed standard that all clothes should dry wrinkle free and should be folded to perfection. Every bit of this action gets my adrenaline pumping. I know you are finding it difficult to follow. It's just that PERFECTION gives so much of satisfaction.

I do my CLEANING:
Lessons from my closet. Every time I clean I only marvel at what I have and what junk I have accumulated. It is so wonderful to organise everything and feel good about the work you have done.

I do COOK:
I was really scared of the kitchen. Inexperienced and ignorant, my first two years of dabbling without application of mind resulted in many disappointments. I am not sure how and when I got the confidence, probably after observing MOM keenly off-late I did get dome courage to pick up the ladle. More so when I wonder how much salt to add, the salt speaks to me. Yes, finally I am heading somewhere.

In my me time I discovered that simple joys of life are the ones that we lack the time to experience and realise. And the simpler that things are HAPPINESS and CONTENTMENT are easier to attain.

4 comments:

  1. I llike everything abt this post!! Extra credits to the finishing lines!! On the whole Joy of life well expressed!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaijayanthi told me that it was a great blog post, when she had come home.. I agree!! :-)

    ReplyDelete